- More Detail Here:
- Cattle Yards
Situated not far from San Francisco, Napa Valley is often called the Wine Valley. There is a travel route passing through the valley that one can overcome in one day. This is the duration of almost all the tours, which start in San Francisco. However, if you want to make a stop in Napa, rich in thermal springs, there are some lovely and cheap places to live in here. The valley has the same name as the city situated here, and its 30 miles long. About 10 years ago visits to local pubs and bars became a Californian tradition.
Napa became popular in 1850, some time after the gold rush started. Among those searching for gold there were those who realized what future the valleys climate and soil promised. And, really, Napa valley became one of the largest producers of Californian table wines. First sorts of vine arrived here from other countries, and nowadays there are several famous sorts of check wine produced here. But it is not only thanks to this that Napa is famous for. The most attractive thing is the way of life local people lead. Tasty food, luxury hotels and inns, beautiful houses and hospitality that is what tourists come here for. Mexicans did cattle-breeding, Americans planted wheat, and Europeans brought their wineyards.
The other valleys attraction is its architecture. Those were Germans and French who brought their architecture and way of life to Napa in the 19th century. They founded their estates and surrounded them with oak trees.
What you should know:
– Here you are likely to meet not only tourists from other countries, but also Americans. Dont be surprised, they are also crazy about the Valley, with its wineyards and mansions.
– Having arrived to Napa, first thing you have to do is to find out whether there are free rooms at local hotels and whether there are any events held there.
– Dont forget that there are also thermal springs and mud-baths found here.
What you will definitely like:
– Like any other person coming here, you will like local wines. You will discover nice restaurants too, as wine and good food always come together.
– The European-style feeling wont leave you, even though you are in the USA.
– You will like mud-baths, thats for sure.
But be careful! There are chargeable tastings as well as free ones, and each person has to choose for himself. Having arrived here, look for event programme.
– The valley isnt really large, so dont hurry up and think carefully before you choose a good hotel to stay in or a place where you can taste wines.
– This is a place where you will find out what passions Americans have.
– Napa valley stretches along road 29 and includes numerous towns and villages.
– There is a vine train going to St. Helena and back.
– You can make a balloon trip at Yountville.
– In Oakville there is a jazz festival held in July.
– There is Robert Louis Stevenson museum found in Santa Helena.
– There are thermal and mineral spring and golf courts found in Calistoga.